Community Resiliency & Responses to Hate Crime and Incidents (Lac La Biche campus)
April 18 @ 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
18 APR. 2019 | 1:00 – 4:30 P.M.
Portage College, Lac La Biche | Room # TBA
This workshop will take participants through a process of understanding the historical foundations and impacts of hate, to gaining awareness and knowledge about the legislation around hate crime and providing strategies and tools on how to respond to hate at a community level.
Through this workshop, participants will explore:
• The distinction between hate incidents and hate crimes
• Hate Crime legislation in Canada
• Challenges in addressing hate crimes and incidents
• Bias Awareness indicators
• Community responses to hate
This will be a very interactive workshop. Participants will be encouraged to contribute in active dialogue and discussion. This is a FREE workshop. Seating is limited. Certificates of Attendance Available.